Written by Kimberly Burgan, CPDT-KA | Illustrations by Christy Stallop
A charming and informative picture book that will serve to educate families about proper
interactions between dogs and children to help children to understand the many responsibilities
associated with owning a dog, while illustrating the necessary boundaries that should be in
place to set both dogs and children up for success within their homes.
To create a better understanding of dogs for children. Educated children are statistically less
likely to be involved in a dog bite incident. Increased awareness creates a safer environment
for children while simultaneously keeps dogs safe and healthy in their homes and out of overpopulated shelters.
I invite each of you to share in the adventures of the creation and publishing of "Poppy & Puppy are Friends",
while helping families, dogs and many other displaced animals all at the same time!
– Kimberly Burgan, CPDT-KA
Take A Look Inside!
Poppy & Puppy’s World Wide Web Favorites:
Poppy & Puppy's Bookshelf
A huge thank you to our sponsors!
- Paw Pals, Austin, TX
- Erwin Haddon Photography, Austin, TX
- Round Rock Animal Hospital, Austin, TX
- Beaver Trails Jellystone Campground, Austin, MN
- Patty Johns Real Estate, Austin, TX
- DCM Photography, Austin, TX
- Over the Top Pet Care, Austin, TX
- E&T Automotive, Round Rock, TX
- Kimberly Burgan Dog Training, Round Rock, TX